Monday, November 17, 2014

Into the woods

Good Monday morning everyone. Taking some photos for the blog has been a real challenge lately. We are doing some updates around the house which takes lots of my time and there's this winter weather that slows me down with my day to day routine. I prefer to stay in bed if I can all day, warm & toasty under the covers. Well in reality that is not gonna happen because I have things to do, people to see and so on and on.... On a cold day like yesterday, a coffee in hand & a very cooperative little boy as my back up photographer makes everything flows smoothly. 
I love a good poncho. I adore them ! It is so comfortable in many ways you can imagine. Well, that may be overly dramatic but yes, it's really comfortable. And since I find myself obsessing with gray lately, you know it's a no brainer that this one came home with me.  
I even wear it to church(don't judge :)
As we are walking outside the church parking lot, my son asked? 
"Mom, what do you call what you're wearing? 
Me, a "poncho". 
Then he said, "the kind they wear at the village". 
"Me, what village? 
My son says in "Peru".
 Me. " how did you know? 
Son replied, "from the book I was reading
Ha, ha, ha.................
After church my son took these photos but as he gets closer and took his so called "favorite shots", we have these conversation again. 
"Mom, I know why dad fell in love with you & marry you" . 
Me,  why? 
Son, " I wouldn't tell because I am embarrassed to tell you.  
Me, "ok boo spit it out" . 
Because you are H.O.T. (he spelled it out!)
Ha ha ha.......... 
 I told my husband about it and me and him had a good laugh. 
Who knew that I can be a H.O.T villager from Peru. 

I hope you have a fantastic Monday.
Thank you from the heart.
xoxo
Sam
-Outfit-
{Poncho: Steve Madden, leggings: F21, Top: Gap, Boots: Halogen
Sunnies: Tybee Island boutique, Rings: Loren Stewart midi rings}




Linking up too with these lovely ladies for Confident Tuesday.


I do deClaire

69 comments:

  1. Ahah, too funny! Btw, I love this poncho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great in the poncho, love this outfit
    and as always your post was a nice read :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your handsome son I agree with his statement love the poncho.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice outfit..i love your poncho

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poncho is gorgeous and so are these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This poncho is gorgeous! I used to think I didn't like ponchos but after seeing you in this one, I have definitely reconsidered. You look so warm and cozy yet super chic! What a fabulous combo.
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice look <3
    http://blog017.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish, loved the shoes and earrings!

    Beijooos!

    bloggarotaunica.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh these winters, i wish i could be in bed all day
    u look super pretty in the poncho and what a beautiful background
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about the winters. I don't like cold weather that much, lol. Thanks Pooja.

      Delete
  10. Cute poncho and great look Sam! Kisses.
    http://www.solaanteelespejo.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful poncho Sam! You look very chic! I love the colour combo!
    ♥XO♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely poncho :)

    www.feastandfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. loooove your look sooo much honey wow!! followed you back <3

    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely poncho!
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg.. .I looove your beautiful hair!!! :))
    You look absoluty great and stylish! Very great outfit :)
    xoxo from Munich

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute, you are totally H. O. T. and he takes some great photos. Love the poncho!

    Brooke
    www.pumpsandpushups.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful poncho! I just love the texture and pretty shade of grey. It looks so lovely against all of the black. And what an adorable story about your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha he's something else. Thank you J Elle for stopping by.

      Delete
  18. Wow, this outfit is very pretty, love this poncho. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sam take pictures during the winter is always more complicated than in the summer, I like your poncho and how you combine it with boots! Kisses.


    www.urbanikamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your son sounds like he is a sweet boy. Cute poncho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness I just love that poncho! It is so cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i was never attracted to the "poncho style" but this look just made me want to get one for myself!! it really amps up any basic outfit for this season!! love it!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love love your poncho! You look great!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely Fall look for strolls in those pretty leaves.

    xoxo Ramona

    http://ramona-strikeapose.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your poncho!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  26. So awesome! Nice post.

    ps; I'm now following you on GFC and bloglovin. I hope you can follow me there too (if you haven't yet). Thank you! xx

    Garcondaily.com - Mens Fashion and Lifestyle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha your son is so cute! Because you are H.O.T. haha love it! And love your poncho, you look gorgeous.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Yi-Chia, he's something else. Glad you stop by.

      Delete
  28. you look too adorable! love the poncho!

    Kisses,
    www.taislany.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great poncho and I love your earrings, great look!
    Nora
    www.jacketsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your son is too cute! Love the poncho on you, great knit and colour. I think you can never have too much black or grey in your closet :) By the way beautiful background too!

    xo, Jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jackie, I so agree with you thoughts. Glad you stop by.

      Delete
  31. OMG Amiga you've been looking soooooo FASH lately - I am also a big poncho fan but LA weather is not cooperating yet heheh!

    ReplyDelete